Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summin' Up Sunday

I woke up late this morning. Well, honestly, I woke up on time, hit the snooze button, and rolled over and went back to sleep. I never moved again until an hour later. So, I didn’t have the time to get alone with God that I’m normally accustomed to.

That is why the scripture tell us things like “be ready,” "pray always,” and “study” so when you get a curve ball thrown to you, you will be ready with total fervency.

However, despite the fact that I didn’t have as much time for my religious Sunday morning activities, God went to church with me.

here's some highlights of Sunday:

  1. We wrapped up the series “Sickness Within” on the topic Bitterness. I give the analogy of an old tree that was in my aunt’s back yard. The tree’s root system stopped up the drain field and was causing the septic tank to back up. On the other side of the tree, the tree was under the foundation of the house. Its massive root system was breaking up the foundation. The Apostle Paul warned us to live in peace with all and not to let a bitter root come up and defile many. Just like the root system stopped up the flow in the drain field, a root of bitterness stops the flow of God in a Christian’s life.
    And on the other side, it’s breaking the foundation. The foundation of Christianity is “love the Lord God with all your heart, and Love you neighbor as yourself. Well, a root of bitterness will break up that foundation. You can’t love people the way you used to; you can’t forgive them anymore. You may want to get the root out!
    Finally, what is the repercussion of the flow of God stopping in your life and the foundation breaking up? It’s simple; all the rotten, smelly stuff backs up into your house and causes it to smell awful!
  2. Next week we start the series “Consumed.” I will concentrate on worship in this series. You don’t want to miss this. It’s going to be ALIVE!
  3. The band done an awesome job again this morning. They didn’t get a chance to practice this week, but really rose up and made worship sound great.
  4. The Marchese family is back from vacation. That accounts for half of our church!
  5. After church, I had a chance to grab a bite to eat with some really awesome people. Brian and Stephanie have been a part of Life Pointe for several months, but I have not been able to sit down with them. They spoke highly of Life Pointe and we are certainly glad they’re with us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lewis, I have just read through your blogs. I am glad to see you are doing well. Is Life pointe a "church of god"??

We should catch up sometime. Below are a couple of emails that go directly to my phones.

Tad Singleton:
(personal email)
e8924x@yahoo.com

(corporate email)
e8924x@erac.com
(or)
Tad.C.Singleton@erac.com

Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

i very much love your own writing way, very useful,
don't give up and also keep creating since it simply just that is worth to look through it,
looking forward to find out much more of your current article content, have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Wrote this magnificent placing! I seriously liked reading that, tonsil stones you might be a great artice writer.I will don't forget to take note of your site Satellite direct and often will commonly come back in the future. I want to stimulate you carry on with your personal terrific articles or blog posts, have got a attractive holiday penis advantage end of the week!

Anonymous said...

I've seen a large number of these kind of posts over the week, and I can't account
for it. Hot subject it seems

Also visit my website ... http://ball8look.livejournal.com/771.html